I was offered a first grade position, and had to move rooms by June 30th. After I had moved all of the stuff I could use into my new room and the stuff I could not use into my garage, I felt OK about the switch. Well that all changed on Back to the Future Day (see 1.21 Jiggawatts of fun).
My principal called and told me I would be moving to Kindergarten. That's right I said Kindergarten!!!!! After the dust settled and the tears stopped, I began the process of relocating for the second time in 2 months. With less than 2 weeks left until the first day of school, I began the process of transforming a room in dire need of organization into a room I could "live" in for the next year. Here are the pictures of the transformation:
Before and During the Transformation
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
After
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I could not have been ready without the help of my "crew". My former teaching partner put up the butcher paper and borders, my parents helped with a lot, a former student helped with many tasks, John was a huge part of the process, and Tyler was just there for moral support.
Kindergarten is on a different planet than 5th grade, but I am getting there. I pray every day for the wisdom, patience, and energy to do this job well and to be the best mom, wife, and friend I can be. Right now I am in survival mode, but I am hoping to thrive with God as my support through this change.
5 comments:
I am so impressed with you Amy! Even though you don't feel like it, you have risen to this challenge like a champion, and are SUCCEEDING! Your steps of faith are not overlooked, and I am proud that you are clinging to our savior! You are a great Mama, wife and FRIEND, and I'm so thankful that you're in my life :). ((((Hugs))))
Love ya,
Krista
wow. i've never seen such a big online hug before as the one from krista... can i copy that? :)
thanks for posting the pics of your room. it's so cool to see your "home" away from home. i've tried to think of how the kiddos and i could come visit you after school to see your room, but i haven't figured it out yet. in the meantime, i am so happy to see such an awesome room. you did a great job!
keep up all the hard work, amy! i know it's not easy for you, but I know your caring heart makes it seem that way to the kids.
this is a test
Amy...I had no idea that your room was that bad!!!! congrats to you and your awesome crew...the room looks great.
You, as always , are doing the best you can!! You have been hit with a lot more adjustments than you planned on for this fall and you have come through with flying colors. I know the Lord will bless you and you continue to depend on Him. You and John are doing great with Tyler and we love watching him grow. love to you all g and g
My precious Amykins - We are soooooo PROUD of you! You've always done a 110% effort in everything you put your mind to, and this new adventure is no different. You are a great success as a wife, mother, friend and teacher...Keep up the good work!~
All our love always, Mom & Dad
aka - TYLER'S Trimborn grandparents
Post a Comment