I have been sooo busy living my life that I have not posted anything since November! Where has the time gone? Well, in between Nov 1st and now a lot has happened. One big thing was that I had thyroid surgery to remove a pool ball sized mass from the right lobe of my thyroid (which incidentally involves losing the entire right lobe). I now have half of a thyroid. Good times. It was benign and all is well, except now I have a cool scar in the center of my neck which I have been told will someday blend into my wrinkles. I am not wanting to fast forward that fast, however. Other than that, I am still enjoying working part-time as a fifth grade teacher with an amazing partner who I am so glad that I am getting to know better. She is an amazing girl and is turning into a great friend! I am so blessed. T is rapidly growing up and is almost 2, and John is still enjoying his job working for the electric company:)
Well, enough about us, let's cut to the first hair cut. My good friend Shawna (aka my hairdresser) called first hair cut about 2 years prior to this (yes I was still prego), so we called her up when his hair got tooo long. I also needed to be ready for the cut as it meant that my little boy was turning into a big boy. Shawna offered to come over to the house as we felt this would be a better first experience for my active little man. First, we tried the chair which went over like a load of bricks.

Next we opted for Sesame street (The Golden Triangle of Destiny). We tried him standing by himself, but that did not work, so mom turned into the barber chair:) Shawna sneakily snipped here and snipped there until he had his first big boy hair cut and his first curl was in a box. It was a great haircut experience for T, but a weepy time for mommy.



Baby curl in the box, sad for mommy!


"Look, I am a big boy now! Like daddy. So, when do I get my license?"
2 comments:
I love the hair cut pictures, and the first curl in the box :( what a big boy he is now!
And PS, I am the lucky one to be working with you...you bless me daily, even on the days that I don't like 5th grade, I love that we are teaching partners:)
Can't wait for our play date (finally) tomorrow!
omg...i love it. :) he is so adorable!
brook
Post a Comment